Friday, September 20, 2013

My Week

Well, it's my long work week, so I've been, well, at work. Here are some other things that I have done this week.

  • Continuing the caulking of my studio. I can see the caulk finish line. Getting so close.

  • Had a conversation with my son after a note was sent home on his agenda about being silly and playing around while the teacher is teaching instead of holding still and listening. We talked about appropriate school behavior and what is expected of him. The next day he got a paper frog stating that he was a super listener. Our talk must have worked. It has been and will continue to be an ongoing discussion.

  • The chief of my department came to my post to give me the official award letter for the grant application I wrote. We got about 80% of the original total we applied for. Now we gotta get down to business. The letter started out saying how pleased they were to inform me blah, blah, blah. Then had additional pages of information and revisions I need to do. I told my twin it might as well have said, "Congratulations! sucker."

  • Caught my son playing in the dirt a lot at t-ball practice. We talked about what to do and what not to do at practice. We also talked about not letting others influence our behavior and being a leader not a follower.

  • Changed my blog header. I like it! Very Fall-ish.

  • My day off was spent doing a little shopping, laundry, house stuff, the second consignment sale, visiting the book fair, and attending a parent workshop at the school. Here's what I picked up at the sale. Note the super cute apple green boots (two sizes too big right now but brand spanking new), the brown trench coat, and that cute white shelf is totally mine.

  • Will be working the weekend, so I can...get...work...done. Hopefully.
Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Great finds at the sale. And congratulations on the grant award . . . even if it means more work in the short term. :)

    ReplyDelete