Friday, August 30, 2013

My Week

Here's what I did this week:
  • Went to work and left my laptop charger there where my relief accidentally took it home with him. I was able to track it down and he brought it back to me on Thursday.

  • Three days of not using my laptop was really hard. Sure, we have other computers at the house, but I use my laptop the most. It works better than the ancient desktops we let the kids play on.

  • Finished and photographed my son in his Study Hall Jacket. Read my post about it here for more information.

  • Completed a Fedora hat for the boy as well. This will be entered into the State Fair in October.

  • Looks good on both kids.

  • My beagle was barking at something in the wooded area behind our house so I went to investigate and found this creature. Do you see it?

  • Giant Snapping Turtles are woodland creatures, you know. Here's a zoomed in and cropped photo.

  • My son was happy to bring home his first school library book.

  • Did housewife/mother/wife/employee stuff.

10 comments:

  1. You are a sewing ninja! Girl! You've got skills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I don't know about that, but thank you!

      Delete
  2. That jacket is so cool! Looks awesome with the hat! They are both so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is the first time I have made both and I am mostly pleased with how they turned out. I had a little issue with the jacket but it worked out.

      Delete
  3. Those hats are cute, bet the kids have lots of fun wearing them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The pattern is from Elegance and Elephants. http://www.eleganceandelephants.com/p/patterns.html My son was watching a Phineas and Ferb dvd (another story for another time) and loves Perry the Platypus, who wears a brown fedora. He wanted me to make him one and when I saw this hat around blog land I bought the pattern so my son could be a secret spy like Perry the Platypus.

      Delete
  4. That hat is cute! I'm always excited to bring home library books. Fun to see another reader in the making. Hope your coming week is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My son loves books. He used to fall asleep on the floor in his room surrounded by books. Some kids have stuffed animals for that, my boy had books. He's gotten better about staying in his bed lately, though. I'm sure there are several books hidden in his bed among his stuffed animals. I can't wait to see his world open up more before him when he learns to read!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete