Saturday, May 18, 2013

Firsts and Lasts: A Post About My Kiddos

Summer is around the corner, which means the end of spring. It means the beginning of some summer fun and the end of some activities.

Here are some firsts and lasts...

My girl got her first bicycle and her first scrape from falling off of it. It won't be the last.



The kids enjoyed their first ice cream cone of the season. It won't be the last either.





The last tee ball game of the spring season.





Hit, run, slide.



Love these two.

Love his face. Those big, ever wondering eyes. They just make me melt sometimes. Full of curiosity, excitement, and love. I do enjoy the way his face lights up when he has a new experience or learns something new on his own, sometimes with my help and I get the chance to see his mind work. It's really beautiful.
My silly, brown-eyed girl, wearing her cowgirl outfit (when it wasn't cold). She's looks cute and happy. She's pretty amazing. It's been fun to watch her go through life with a big brother. She asked him one day if he was a big brother. He was very serious with his answer, "I will always be your big brother. Forever and ever". *melt* I hope to continue to foster that kind of relationship between them.

I am looking forward to spending the summer with them. It will be my son's "first" summer vacation. At the end of it he will be a Kindergartner, and his school career will begin.

How the time has gone by so fast. And I am trying my best to remember that, even on the more difficult days. They are only mine for a little while.


No comments:

Post a Comment