Sunday, May 12, 2013

95% Complete


This week I got all of the squares of my studio floor painted. Also, Lowe's delivered the paneling for my walls. It is almost complete. All that is left to do are some touch-ups to the floor and then seal it. I still have to finish the ceiling insulation and apply the paneling to the walls and ceiling, and then the room will be ready for moving in.
Here are some photos:
Paneling delivered...



Where I left off painting. The only squares left to paint were the blue ones.


Taking painter's tape off proved to be a bit of a challenge. Things didn't always turn out well. I'm not sure why that happened, but I am sure it was something I did or didn't do. Upon reviewing some instructions I had found online, but don't remember reviewing well enough when I looked at them again, I should have primed the floor with a second coat.
I had that same thought when I was pulling up tape, but since I had spilled most of it after the first coat I'm not sure how much coverage I would have gotten out of the leftovers.

I discovered that marking out the squares with paper templates allowed me to paint in the square, remove the paper fairly quickly, and didn't pull up the paint. So much faster and easier. Should have thought of that way earlier in the process. Towards the end of the painting process, I only had the blue squares left to paint so I went ahead and prepped all of the squares for painting the next day.

The completely painted floor. I have to admit that it looks as good as I was hoping it would.

You know those times when you think something is doable, and looks great in your mind, but in reality it did not turn out that way? That happens alot to me. This is not one of those times. The random grid pattern turned out the way I had hoped. It looks awesome in reality. Fantasy and reality match (besides the paint pulling up issue, only time will tell if this will actually be a nightmare for me). I am hoping once I get the floor sealed I will not have issues with bubbling or peeling or flaking.

We shall see.


Happy Mommy Day!!
(Even if you don't have kids, remember, Eve was a mother to all things before she had children.)

No comments:

Post a Comment