Wednesday, July 11, 2012

About Nothing and Everything

I don't having any project to share but I have many that I want to start, do, complete, admire. I've been planning several projects though. There's so much to do in the next few weeks/months. Fall is coming up so that means part two of the Consignment sales are just around the corner. One sale is on my calendar. The other sale hasn't announced their sale dates yet and I am so anxious for them to do so. Hurry up Tot Trade! I've got planning and scheduling to do.

I am currently getting things ready for a yard sale that one of my coworkers is having, well, the entire neighborhood is having a yard sale. I've sorted through everything in the house to find things to sell. Yesterday I started putting the kids clothes on hangers. I ran out of plastic outfit hangers that I save to hang the kids clothing with. I guess I will have to move to using the adult metal hangers.

In September after the unofficial end of summer vacation, and after school starts for the school age children, I am working with another coworker to rent his beach house and take the kids to the beach for the first time. I am really looking forward to them seeing the great big ocean and playing in the sand. My girl would be in heaven. She loves sand.

We still have several more parks to visit before then end of summer to finish up our Summer Bucket List. I am so glad that the weather turned cooler, highs in the lower 90's instead of hovering around 100+.

I have been trying to find and make ideas to prepare my boy for Kindergarten in 2013. I want to work on writing...he can write his name so we are going to work on making it smaller and a little neater; sight words and phonics...he's pretty good at figuring what a word starts with but with the sight words hopefully we will start the beginnings of reading; and a little math...we are starting to introduce this concept to him. We will be talking about counting or numbers and ask him if there were three more how many would be have (just an example, we do change the numbers) and he can usually get that right without thinking too hard or starting the whole counting process over. He does it in his head and we keep it simple, I mean he's 4, we're not trying to solve for "x" yet.

I want to include more things that deal with God and Jesus and Bible teachings into the kids' every day life. I want to make a scripture picture book for them. I found some online that are already complete and all I have to do is print them out and put them together. I like them and all but I want to add some other verses I have found and want them to know. Like "Children listen to/obey your mother and father" for the letter C. Or add more than just one verse to a letter so we have options when we read it. We are working on the whole listening and obeying thing. I guess that part of parenthood will never get easier.

I want to find and do fun things with them and get a head start on crafts for the fall and winter. We seem to always run out of time because I don't plan ahead enough, work gets in the way of that sometimes. I want to spend more time with my kids and teach them stuff, make things with them, make things for them and just enjoy it all. I have tons of ideas saved on Pinterest, it's crazy and the best thing ever to store and share ideas.

I want to learn how to be a better wife for my husband. Still in the research phase of that one.

I have my idea for our 7th wedding anniversary and found what I needed for it, just need to finish it. The traditional gift for that year is copper and I will share my idea later. Found it on Pinterest so it is not original but totally cute, and happens to fit the gift idea for that year.

I have started the process of making my girl her toddler bed so we can give her crib to a friend who will need it for her first child in the winter. I will share that project later as well when it is complete. I hope it turns out as cute as the one I found online. Pinterest of course. I can actually do most of the work but I am not at a place in my life where I am brave enough to use a power saw. I happen to be very fond of my fingers, arms, and legs, and blood staying inside my body.

The State Fair is coming up and registration has already started to enter into the arts and crafts and other displays. I am trying to figure out what I want to make and possibly enter this year. I have no aspirations of winning anything, but I think it would be fun to at least try. After all, you never know.

In order to do some of this stuff I need space, my own work space to create and spend time in. I am ready to start the building process. I have yet another (former?) coworker who is/was going to help me with that. But he's moving across the state, soon. Puts a kink into that plan but I might be able to still get it done without wiping out my savings.

So much to do and plan for. The results should be very rewarding though. Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment