Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Skirt Fest: #5--White Beach Skirt

Ha! I wrote this post before I knew we would be headed back to the beach this year. What fun!
--------------------
The final skirt, maybe, I have for skirt fest is here, unless I make more-- I actually have two simple skirts cut out, but I think I want to put some embroidery on them, so they may not make it in this session of skirts. We'll see. Umm, yeah, not gonna happen. :)

Want to see the other skirts I have made? Read them here: one, two, three, and four.

I had gotten a couple of pillowcases from a coworker who was cleaning stuff out of her house. They were white with a cute design on the edge.

With one of the pillowcases I made a pillowcase dress for the girl to wear to the beach back in 2012.


Aww, look how small she was, and just as adorable.

I put this photo on Pinterest and it has been by far the most repinned of my projects (405 repins). Those don't necessarily translate over to blog views, but according to my post counter it is up to 726 for the white beach pillowcase dress, the most of any of my posts.

With the second pillowcase, I decided to turn it into a skirt. I had seen some photos of girls in plain white skirts (link to the actual website where the photo came from, which is totally adorable by the way) on Pinterest and they just looked adorable in them. I had the perfect white fabric to make one for my girl.



A simple skirt from a white pillowcase. Very sweet and a little dainty. With the white tee added she looks like she is ready for another trip to the beach.



Perfect for playing outdoors or having a tea party in your room with some stuffies. Simply adorable and easy to make. I just cut the length I needed from the pillowcase and made a casing for the elastic waist, sewed it closed, done. Fast and easy.



And here she is wearing it at the beach!




I'm sure my girly girl will love the skirts I have made for her since they are fun, simple, colorful, twirly, and bouncy. 

I hope you enjoyed skirt fest. I love having a place to showcase the things I make. It provides the record keeping outlet for my creative side.

Other projects are in the works, and even though summer just arrived, I am looking ahead to fall projects. Many more things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment