Thursday, February 13, 2014

Random kid moments and Winter day

Oh, the cold weather. So much coldness for the south. I don't know about everyone else, but I do not like to be cold at all. It is also my short work week so I have been at home with the kids. 

On Monday I had a dentist appointment, then went to the fabric store (yea!!), and then to visit a friend. After that I picked up the kids from school and daycare. Tuesday was a cold rainy day and my hubs came home from work early because he has a "long commute" and they allowed people to leave work early. It was nice. So I picked up the boy from school all by myself and left the girl at home.

School was cancelled Wednesday and Thursday, so far. Which means more quality time with the family. I don't mind it so much, I spend lots of time with the kids anyway, but my poor hubs. He has had many more opportunities to spend one-on-one time with the kids outside of the norm for us. He is at it again on Thursday as it is my work day.

This is what my kids have been up to:



Pic 1: I came home from work earlier in the week and noticed that the girl has some scribble on her hand. Curiously I asked her, "Did you draw on your hand?" Her response, "We aren't 'posed to speak about that." Then she ran off to put on her pajamas. I was left confused. She is an amusing girl. Pic 2: I bought the kids some new shoes on clearance. She put them on her bunny. They stay on her feet, which is just funny.



The first snow day I got up early with the kids and tried to get them to be quiet so the hubs could sleep in a little. We were watching highlights from the winter Olympics and the boy decided to try ice skating with this sister in his new shoes. Great finish guys! Gold medal for sure. :)

The winter weather: lots and lots of sleet.


Some ice accumulation on the trees. 



This tree looks more weighed down this morning, but it was also dark outside when I took updated photos that didn't make it to the computer yet. The ground is just covered with sleet and topped with ice. It's slippery.

I had my supervisor make arrangements for me to get to work Thursday morning. A trooper with a big SUV picked me up and took me to my location. I'll figure out how to get home later. I am so glad that I only have to work one day. The roads between my house and the interstate were awful. 

We are supposed to get above freezing by lunchtime today, so I am hoping that my roads will thaw out. The interstate looked good this morning. The main roads in the larger city area were sort of passable, but definitely in better condition than the roads closer to my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment