Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New

Another year has passed, and the new one just started. Usually during this season some people make plans, goals, resolutions, commitments, etc. I try to come up with some simple things to accomplish at some point in the year. 

I don't remember what goals I set for in 2013. I may have written them down somewhere. I think my main goal was to get healthy. Another goal had to do with finances. I'm still working on the healthy goal, but I am better than I was in 2013. I did accomplish the financial goal. Yea, me!

So, this brings me to what I should accomplish in 2014. I still have some financial goals I want to meet. I make a budget every year and do the best I can to stick with it. I'm not terribly disciplined when it comes to sticking to a budget. I'm working on that.

Some 2014 goals:

I want to add some storage to my sewing studio.

I want to work on decluttering my stuff, house, kids stuff, etc. We just have way too much of everything.

I want to finish my daughter's room makeover. The majority of it has been done, but there's a little bit more to do.

I have some sewing projects, of course, I want to start and finish.

I have some family goals as well: spend quality time with the kids, plan summer activities for them, do some educational skill building with both of them, and to actively spend more time with my husband. That was actually a part of his Christmas present...to give him the gift of time. We will plan something every month to do together, no kids, no distractions. Because of my work schedule we don't go to bed at the same time very often. At least twice a month we will make a point of going to bed at the same time: one early (me) and one late (him).

I am looking forward to everything that 2014 will bring. I hope that you have a great year as well!

2 comments: