Friday, November 1, 2013

My Week

Things are getting accomplished despite it being my long work week, just don't come over to my house, nothing has been going on there as far as staying clean. I did vacuum yesterday so the living room floor is at least semi-clean, and we have clean dishes, so basically everything a family needs to get through the weekend.

Here's what has been going on:

*Some awesome progress has been made with my grant. Got some approvals to make purchases, finished some paperwork, sent out requests for information and received some replies already.

*Made pumpkin cookies for the boy's Halloween taste test at school. Fun. I had a couple of options, and some help from Dana. Sorry, I didn't use your recipe...yet. I am looking forward to making your Pumpkin Putz cookies one day this season. The recipe I used I found on Pinterest, but the link to the original source can be found here.



I improvised a part of the recipe. It called for chocolate chips. I wanted to use pumpkin spice M&M's, but I couldn't find any at the store so I used pumpkin spice Hershey kisses in the center of the cookies. I added the kisses during the last five minutes so that they would melt and keep their soft consistency. They get crunchy if you left them in there the whole cooking time. I used a mini-muffin tin to make the cookies, so they kinda look more like muffins instead of cookies.


*Last T-ball game for the Fall. Ready for action. He hasn't done so well towards the end with hitting the ball...he's had to hit off the tee. We'll work on it.


He played pitcher spot, got the last batter ball so he could tag the runners out. Then was the first one to shake hands with the other team.

*Another yard creature driving the dogs crazy. Why does it have silver and blue spots(?) paint (?). It was no longer there a couple hours later when I checked on it.


*Halloween fun: We opened a care package Grandma sent in the mail. We decorated a couple of Halloween sugar cookies. We carved our little pumpkin. We had a photo shoot and went trick or treating.

Ween wear:

(they wore their pumpkin patch clothes for day 3, no photo because of the baseball game.)


Halloween carved pumpkin, and costumes. My Thor's got nothing on Chris Hemsworth. The girl wore the dinosaur costume from last year because she really likes it and it fit.


Our silly pumpkins. And off to trick-or-treating. Thor was a little hesitant to go up to the cars with people who dressed for Halloween. The pink dino, as long as she saw candy she walked right up to them.

The loot. Thor sorted his candy after dumping it out. Nerd. He gets it honest though, I helped him. :) Pink dino, "WOW!!" She's not roaring, but it looks like it.

Gotta get back to work. Have a great weekend all!

2 comments: