Friday, November 15, 2013

My 2 weeks

I probably won't remember it all. The big thing was that we went home to visit the grandparents last weekend. There was a school holiday mixed in there plus some time off work and a conference that my hubs attended so we had a long weekend to work with.

*Before we were set to go "home" my mom called to tell me that my stepdad was being flown from one hospital to another because he was having a heart attack. He's not that old, just turned 50, and very unexpected. He was released from the hospital two days and one stent later. He has already returned to work.

*The timing of going home worked well for the family medical emergency. Maybe now my parents will take better care of themselves. My mom had been working on quitting smoking, now they have both quit effective immediately. Hopefully for good. We've only been asking them for about 30 years.

* I took the promotional exam at work. Next we see what the details of the yet-to-be posted position will be and if I want to apply for it or not.

*We returned from our trip and began the unpacking process. Always fun. My hubs was still at his conference so that left me home with the kids. We had a good time. I even got them in bed and asleep by 7pm. It was amazing! And quiet. Then I had to fold about 5 loads of laundry. :/

*The cold front moved in and we lost power for a couple of hours. So glad it came back on in a timely fashion because I had to return to work and didn't want to sleep in.

*Also, I will be working 5 days straight. Rarely do I ever work 4 days in a row. And that's tough. Five 12-hour days are not going to be pretty.

*This post is number 100 for me according to the counter. Unless I decide to delete some posts, but I don't think I will any time soon.

*Today is my birthday. I share it with my twin. Well, technically she shares it with me, she was born first. Happy Birthday us!

No comments:

Post a Comment