Cut out the ones I wanted and adhered them to a plain white shirt for an applique robot shirt.
I did something a little different with these shorts. I added interior pockets, and a robot section of fabric for a back pocket. I also added a sneaky robot to the back bottom part of the shirt. Careful, he is watching you from behind.
A super cool outfit for a super cute boy. Perfect combo!
I also added a robot to the sleeve. It's kinda big, but I can live with it.
Aww. Finally, a handsome natural boy picture (left). On the right you can see the colorful blocks a little better.
I apologize for the not-so-greatness of the photos but I haven't been feeling well lately, so my skills and abilities have been somewhat diminished, not that they were great to begin with.
For more information on Celebrate the Boy see my previous post here.
For more information on how to add interior pockets I sort of used this tutorial from here.
I didn't follow her instructions exactly, but I figured it out and it came with fairly good results for the first try. And, now I have an interior pants pocket pattern for later projects. Don't you love those green gingham shorts Emily used in her tutorial. I loved them so much I went out and bought green gingham. It's not exactly the same green, but it will work.
Construction update: I have signed a contract with builder and they should be starting next week as long as the permits get approved. Woohoo! I might actually have a place to store and work on projects now. Just hoping they stay in budget, I don't have a lot of wiggle room.