Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Random Kid Moments #5: Silly kids

Just some recent musings from the tiny people living in our house, late 2014 era.

While trying to get the boy to get ready for bed, and he was in no hurry to do so...

Me: If I were you, I'd hurry up.
Boy: If I were you...tread carefully here, son o.0...I'd be a ninja.

Well, that certainly wasn't going where I thought it was.

The next day for school he was looking for his black shorts to go with his black shirt he picked out from his closet, so he could be a ninja. I did inform him that ninjas worked hard to earn that status, and he should be a ninja student at school. We'll see if that works.

------------

The boy and the girl were squabbling and I put in my effort by telling them to stop doing whatever it was they were doing. Then the girl started a little whine/cry. 

Me: Get away from him. Why are you following him around anyway?
Girl: Because I am his sister and that is what I am supposed to do.

Well, she's not wrong about that. :)

----------

This week we had student conferences at school. It was the perfect time to talk about my son's behavior at school. It's been approximately 7 weeks since school started and we have gotten at least 5 notes sent home about something he has done relating to his behavior. Nothing super big, but even the little things need attention to prevent the big things later on. We all decided that he is a smart kid and has a good memory. According to his reading level chart he is almost done with the first grade levels. At the end of last year he was at level 5, firmly in the middle of first grade. His reading level now is a 6B. First grade goes to level 7. He has one more spot to go! 

------------------

While at work I got a phone call from daycare. Usually never a good sign. Usually means a kid is sick and needs to go home. Not this time. Nope. Something much more interesting happened with this phone call.

One of the daycare workers called to tell me that my girl had a bead stuck up her nose. A bead!! Also, that she said the bead had been up there for a while, and that my girl had told daycare that she told Daddy about the bead this morning. Wait. There had been a bead up her nose all morning, that Daddy knew about?! Something is not right about this.The girl was upset about it so they called me so I could talk to her. She then repeated the whole story. The daycare worker explained that she would try to get it out if I wanted and call me back. So that is what they did. It worked. The bead got out.

Once I got home, Daddy of course knew nothing about the bead up her nose at daycare. He was adamant that the bead was not up her nose while she was with him that morning. Turns out that she later changed her story. She found the bead at daycare, and with the help of two other little friends, the bead somehow got up her nose. She then got scared when she couldn't get it out and started crying, alerting the daycare workers. 

I had a conversation with her about the importance of telling the truth the first time. Hopefully she learned that lesson. And, that we don't put things in our nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment