Friday, March 7, 2014

New spring skirts

I have been working on some sewing projects for the spring for the girl. It's very much still winter, but I wanted to get a head start so that when spring does make its appearance we will be ready! And because I have time right now and will be busy when the weather gets warmer.

I made the girl some skirts. She really likes dresses, but I am hoping she will take to skirts as well.

A pink market skirt and a color blocked simple skirt.

My girl loves pink. And purple. I wanted to make her a new market skirt. This is only the third one I have made for her. I love how this one turned out. The very first one I made her wasn't the greatest.



I added some cute yellow flower buttons for the skirt pocket.
Adorable, and perfect for twirling.









Color blocked simple skirt.
I had been wanting to use the colorful owl fabric for a skirt, but I didn't want it to be the whole skirt. I found some matching solids to go with it and used it for the waistband and bottom hem.



Sweet owls.

The green is a bit darker than I would have liked, but I didn't have anything else that would work. The darker green is a good match though.



A bright blue hem. I love this fabric! It's so bright and fun and matches the owls perfectly.



I am working on making her more skirts, not that she needs any more spring clothing based on what I found in a tote for her that I had been saving for this year. But I have cute fabric and projects I want to make for her, so what's a sewing girl to do?



I made Market skirts, some with pockets and some without. I think she will wear the green gingham one for St. Patrick's Day. Fun. I made the paisley one on the bottom for one of her classmates' birthday. I plan to make my girl one as well. It's so bright and fun and oh so cute (tutti frutti fabric from JoAnn's).

More projects are in the works as Easter is approaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment