Saturday, October 6, 2012

The State Fair

One of my sewing goals was to make an item to enter into the State Fair Competitive Exhibit. I used the Gatsby hat pattern and made a cute newsboy hat as my entry item. It made its was to the Fair this past Wednesday with judging on Thursday. I haven't heard anything so I'm pretty sure I didn't get a ribbon or anything. And that's fine, I didn't do it to win.


I did fairly well making the hat and enjoyed the process of being careful and slowing down to get the results I wanted. There are plenty of mistakes, though. There is also plenty of room for improvement.

 
I went into this project with no aspirations of winning. I did it to say I did it. I hope to be able to go to the State Fair and take the kids like I did last year. Maybe even let the kids go on a couple of rides. I'm not sure my girl is tall enough to ride any of them even with an adult or the boy. We shall see though.



 
This photo is from our visit to the State Fair last year. The bright colors and smells, so fun. We didn't stay long, but it was the first day and only cost $1 per person to get in, so I didn't feel bad about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment