Sunday, December 18, 2011

Backpacks and Bags Completed

I finished sewing messenger bags and backpacks for the cousins. They turned out pretty good. It was a chance to make some bags and backpacks so I could work on my sewing skills and not have five copies of the same project around my house not getting used. Christmas was a great reason to make new projects and remake the others.

Enjoy cousins and Merry Christmas!


Toddler backpacks for the younger cousins. (These did not have lining in them yet.)





Messenger bags for the two older cousins. I love the tractor fabric with coordinating striped lining. Cute outside pocket!


 I thought the "appliqued" letter in a colorful circle would be a great addition to the bag to help breakup the pattern. Adds character.

 A look at the inside. This time the inside pocket was inserted on the correct side. I wasn't paying attention too well with the first one (tractor one) and the pocket ended up on the inside/front instead of the inside/back. There is also a pocket on the outside of the bag where the flap closes, it's just not in the photo. (See open tractor bag).

All of the completed bags, including lining for the backpacks.

Filled with goodies!




*The patterns for the backpacks and messenger bags came from a book: Oliver + S Little Things to Sew: 20 Classic Accessories and Toys for Children by Leisl Gibson. I didn't follow the patterns exactly. I altered/used the parts I liked most and made them my own creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment